суббота, 4 февраля 2012 г.

World Photo Organization - A Dreamcrusher And A Liar?

You know what WPO means? It's a World Photo Organization. Ever heard of Sony World Photography Awards? It's one of the most prestigious competitions in the world. Thousands of people (photographers) enter this competition every year. Only ten of them get shortlisted in each category and only one wins.
But this year something's got really weird. Apparently WPO decided to prank people or I just don't know how else to explain that:































And there are more and more. People are so disappointed and I absolutely understand what they feel. Though I didn't get the same e-mail, I entered the competition and if I did get the mail and then found out that I'm not actually shortlisted...well..let's just say it would've been very very bad.

And that's not it quite yet. Not only the people who actually DIDN'T get shortlisted received and e-mail saying they did, but the people who DID get into the shortlist on the web-site received nothing. No e-mails. No confirmation.
So some of them contacted the WPO. Turned out there had either been some error or the WPO had been hacked or they just haven't made up the reason they're gonna be using yet.

Here I got a little confused, but it seems like the ones who got the mail saying they are shortlisted are actually  COMMENDED (are in Top 50 but not in Top 10) and the ones who's name is on the web but they didn't get an e-mail are either commended or god-only-knows-what. (Ain't that confusing? Seems like my head's gonna explode).

Well...what can I say? THIS IS JUST A DISASTER! I mean seriously?!?!?! What kind of organization is that??? Oh, and by the way, I forgot to mention those "we need you to upload a high resolution pictures" things in the e-mails people got. Based on all the mess that is going on there right now most of the people think all of that was just to "get the high res photos form naive amateurs and commercialize them (c)Possi". No surprise that it's exactly what comes in mind, ha?

Bife Godoy. 
Got the strangest e-mail of all. I really doubt that the organization got an explanation for that:
"...
I am delighted to announce that your image has been shortlisted.
...
Your name will be announced to press and on our website, on 2nd February but before then it is absolutely critical that you keep this information confidential.
..."
WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?? 

And here are some people with AMAZING works who received the "mistaken" e-mail:

XOXO
AppleGirl

2 комментария: